Xadow - IMU 9DOF
Xadow - IMU 9DOF is a high performance 9-axis motion tracking module,which is base on MPU-9150.The MPU-9150 is the world’s first integrated 9-axis motion tracking device designed for the low power, low cost, and high performance requirements of consumer electronics equipment including smartphones, tablets and wearable sensors .MPU-9150 features three 16-bit ADC for digitizing the gyroscope outputs and three 16-bit ADCs for digitizing the accelerometer outputs and three 13-bit ADCs for digitizing the magnetometer outputs.
- I2C interface
- Low cost
- 400kHz Fast Mode I2C for communicating with all registers
- Digital-output X-, Y-, and Z-Axis angular rate sensors (gyroscopes) with a user-programmable full-scale range of ±250, ±500, ±1000, and ±2000°/sec
- Digital-output 3-Axis accelerometer with a programmable full scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g and ±16g
- 3-axis silicon monolithic Hall-effect magnetic sensor with magnetic concentrator
- ①：12P FPC bottom contact
- ②：Address select resistor：R4,R5（default address is 0x68）
- Address is 0x68: R4 is not soldered.
- Address is 0x69: R5 is not soldered.
Based on library,we can display value of Accle&Gyro&Magnet on serial monitor.Now let’s show how to use the module.
Hardware instration is very easy,It can connect to Xadow - Main Board by FPC cable.
Software Part 1. Download the library libraries.zip; 2. Unzip libraries into the libraries file of Arduino IDE by the path: ..\arduino-1.0.5\libraries. 3. Unzip IMU_9D0F_Demo file into the libraries file of Arduino IDE by the path: ..\arduino-1.0.5\libraries. 4. Open the code directly by the path: File -> Example -> IMU_9D0F_Demo 5. Upload the code. Note that you should select the correct board type and COM port. 6. You can see :
In static state，the z-Axis output value is about 0.98g，so you can refer to this to test if your sensor can work normally.
Orientation of Axes
The diagram below shows the orientation of the axes of sensitivity and the polarity of rotation.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.