Xadow GPS V2
Based on the GPS L70 module from Quectel®, the Xadow GPS v2 combines the advanced AGPS technology EASYTM (Embedded Assist System) and the AlwaysLocateTM technology to achieve high performance, ultra-low power consumption and fast positioning even at indoor signal levels. With an excellent high-sensibility receiver (-163dBm tracking) and a built-in chip antenna, the module can track up to 22 satellites on 66 channels, making it a perfect choice for navigation projects. The board also adopts the new 11 PIN Xadow connector to improve the flexibility of module connections.
- EASY™, advanced AGPS technology without the need for external memory
- Ultra-low power consumption in tracking mode
- AlwaysLocate™, an intelligent controller of alternate modes
- High sensitivity
- Support QZSS
- Support DGPS, SBAS(WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN)
- Anti-Jamming, Multi-tone Active Interference Canceller
- Built-in chip antenna with efficiency up to 83%
- Built-in 11 PIN Xadow Connectors for fully flexible connection with other Xadow Modules
- Stackable, chain-able and sew-able with other Xadow Modules
|Core||ARM® 32-bit Cortex® -M0+CPU|
|Power Supply||3.3 ~ 6 V (via breakout pins)|
|Clock Speed||48 MHz|
|Power Consumption||18mA@Tracking, 21mA@Acquisition|
|Power Saving||Typ. 3mA@AlwaysLocateTM, 7uA@Backup
Mode, 180uA@Standby Mode
|Channel||22(Tracking) / 66 (Acquisition)|
|Update Rate||1Hz(Default), up to 10Hz|
|Horizontal Position Accuracy||<2.5m CEP|
|Cold/warm start with EASYTM||215s/5s|
|Operating Temperature||-40℃ to 85℃|
|Antenna Type||Chip antenna|
|Interface||Interface with Xadow GSM+BLE through
I2C (7-bit address 0x05)
|Dimensions||25.37mm X 20.30mm / 1” × 0.8”|
About Global Positioning System (GPS)
The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based navigation system that provides real-time and all-weather geographic position, altitude, travelling speed and time information anywhere on or near the Earth where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites. It was formerly used only by military projects, and now it is freely accessible to anyone with a GPS receiver. The typical applications of GPS cover automobile navigation, time transfer, traffic signal timing, anti-theft and tracking devices, etc.
We’ve been looking for a better place where our backers (RePhone Users) can sit together, warmly and comfortably, have conversations about RePhone, discuss technical problems, share ideas/projects, and give feedback on the modules’ development in the future. And then here we go, the RePhone Community.
Now join us in the RePhone Community! Together we seek answers, make interesting stuff, care about each other, and share our experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions in RePhone Community are collected and answered to the topic “Frequently Asked Questions of RePhone (FAQ)” , the topic will be kept updating whenever a new FAQ comes out.
We will be keep updating the source code on our github page:
The schematic diagram of Xadow GPS v2 is provided in the following link:
When you find the GPS values are a bit far from your actual location, you might need to burn new firmware to Xadow GPS V2:
Check more info about the GPS L70 and the chip antenna:
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.