Xadow 1.54'' Touchscreen
If you have used or heard about Rephone, the world’s first open source and modular phone, you will not be strange with the product we are going to talk about. Yes! The Xadow 1.54’‘ Touchscreen is right just the touchscreen that Rephone uses.
This TFT Display contains 240 x 240 pixels that can be controlled individually to display up to 262K colors. Above the display is a layer of a capacitive touchscreen, offering 29.4mm x 29.4mm active area at the center of the display. As a single touch screen, it can detect finger presses anywhere within the active area during normal operations. The TFT driver gets the ST7789S IC Driver inside with 2-bit data and 4-bit control serial interface while the capacitive touchscreen controller uses I2C.
We have few modifications to library of Xadow 1.54” Touchscreen. Please refer to the Notice section for detail information.
|Product||Version||Release date||Support status||Notes|
|Xadow 1.54” Touchscreen||(v1.0, older version)||Oct 2015||Supported||None|
|Xadow 1.54” Touchscreen||(v1.1, latest version)||June 2016||Supported||None|
- 240 x 240 resolution
- Display up to 262K colors
- 4x 2mm/0.9” mounting holds
- Built-in Xadow Connectors for easy pluggable FPC cables
- Perfect choice for your DIY phone project
|Backlight||3 adjustable while LEDs|
|Current draw||~ 100mA at full backlight|
|Resolution||240 × 240 pixels|
|Connectors||2 × 35 PIN Xadow Connectors for Xadow
GSM+BLE & Xadow Audio
|Interfaces||Four-wire serial interface for TFT display
I2C for touchscreen
|Board||50.22mm × 47.21mm||1.98” × 1.86”|
|Touchscreen||38.1mm × 37.8mm||1.51”× 1.51”|
|Active Area||27.72mm × 27.72mm||1.09” × 1.09”|
|Mounting holds||4 × 2mm||4 x 0.9”|
Please insert controller, such as Xadow GSM+BLE to the RIGHT port, and insert the Audio module to the LEFT port.
- The product is not as tough as it looks, so try to use it in a stable environment as an abrupt variation of temperature and humidity may cause malfunction of the panel.
- Try to keep the panel surface clean and avoid any adhesive applied on the surface, if you have to clean the screen, we recommend you to use clean and soft cloth with neutral detergent or isopropyl alcohol.
- Note that we have few modifications to library of Xadow 1.54” Touchscreen for newer version. If you are using Xadow 1.54” Touchscreen v1.1:
- For .VXP file of RePhone Create Kit, please change the line App=C:\MRE\RePhone_Create_Kit_v6_4_TP_v1_x.vxp to be App=C:\MRE\RePhone_Create_Kit_v6_4_TP_v1_1.vxp at https://github.com/WayenWeng/RePhone_Create_Kit_VXP/blob/master/RePhone%20Create%20Kit%20VXP/autostart.txt
- For development environment of Eclipse, you don’t have to change anything.
We’ve been looking for a better place where our backers (RePhone Users) can sit together, warmly and comfortably, have conversations about RePhone, discuss technical problems, share ideas/projects, and give feedback on the modules’ development in the future. And then here we go, the RePhone Community.
Now join us in the RePhone Community! Together we seek answers, make interesting stuff, care about each other, and share our experiences.
The schematic diagram of Xadow 1.54” Touchscreen is provided in the following link:
Check more info about the TFT Display and the Capacitive Touchscreen:
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.