Battery Detector with Polymer Lithium Ion 1050mAh 3.7V
Battery Detector with Polymer Lithium Ion 1050mAh 3.8V contains two items: a 1050 mAh lithium-ion battery and a battery power detector to measure the power remain in a li-ion battery.
The li-ion battery is very slim, light and cost effective. It output 3.7 V voltage(nominal). You can also charge it with a specialized charger which has maximum input current 1050 mA and maximum input voltage 4.2V. This battery comes with pre-attached JST 2.0 connector which is handy to click in and out. It also has built-in overcurrent protection to protect against output short circuit. Although, please still take caution and do not abuse the battery in usage. Never charge or use it unattended.
The battery power detector can detect the input voltage range of 3–4.2 volts. There are three JST sockets (JST 1.0, JST 2.0 and JST 2.0) and two battery-soldering pads will adapt to those batteries with a different connector. As you connect a battery to this battery power detector, the on-board four LEDs will indicate remaining power in percentage (0–25%, 26–50%, 51–75%, 76–100%). Another LED will be on if you plug the connector of battery in the wrong way.
1. There is only one battery reliable to be tested at the same time.
2. It will damage this battery power detector as the input voltage is above 9 volts.
3. Never use the battery when it is being charged.
|Product revision||Release date||Support status||Notes|
|Battery Detector with Polymer Lithium Ion 1050mAh 3.8V(current version)||May 2016||Supported||None|
- For Pre-attached JST 2.0 connector
- Short circuit protection for output circuit
For battery power detector
- Visual indication on remaining power of a battery
- Different JST sockets for different battery connectors
|Nominal output voltage(DC)||3.7 volts|
|Maximum Charge Current||1050 mA|
|Protection||Short circuit protection for output circuit|
|Weight||19 g, the whole package weighs 33.5 g.|
For battery power detector
|Input voltage||3 – 4.2V|
|Operating current||15 mA|
|Indication manner||Four LEDs (we will detail it later)|
|Sockets||Three sockets for different battery connector and two battery-soldering pads (we will detail it later)|
|Notes||Only connect a single battery to this module; The input voltage to this module should be less than 9 volts, or it will damage this module.|
Platforms supported(only for battery)
|Platform||Seeeduino/Arduino||Rasberry Pi||Beaglebone||LinkIt ONE|
|Supported status||Supported||Not supported||Supported(only with Grove Base Cape for Beaglebone v2)||Not supported|
|Notes||If no version number is mentioned for a specific platform, it means this product supports all versions within this platform.|
This section shows descriptions for components on battery power detector.
- CN1185, a voltage monitoring circuit.
- Battery-soldering pads, to solder battery’s leads on.
Package includes(main parts)
|Li-ion battery||1 piece|
|Battery power detector||1 piece|
Connect battery and battery power detector as in the following image. You can see LEDs are ON indicates actual power remains.
- Schematic(Eagle) file
- CN1185 Datasheet
- Battery Usage Datasheet
- Battery Safety Datasheet and Certificates
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.