RF Explorer Software
RF Explorer is a remarkable diagnostic tool used for monitoring and troubleshooting wireless systems and communications. It is a new series of low-cost, portable, RF spectrum analyzers designed by Ariel that are available in a variety of frequency ranges.
The RF Explorer series of analyzers and generators re-defines the handheld, portable RF spectrum analyzer. The unit is small and light-weight, yet offers performance and features comparable to larger, more expensive devices.
Whereas once the use of RF spectrum analyzers were limited to companies/organizations that could afford their high price tag, the low cost of the RF Explorer now offers every engineer, technician, and savvy hobbyist the opportunity to own an RF spectrum analyzer.
Below are software applications you might be interested in — they run on multiple platforms. This allows you to experiment with the various features provided by the software and determine which best fits your needs. For more details and full list of RF Explorer compatible software available for all platforms, please visit here.
Windows Software Options for RF Explorer
- [**RF Explorer for Windows - free**](http://www.rf-explorer.com/windows)
- From [the developers of RF Explorer](http://www.rf-explorer.com), the RF Explorer for Windows application provides traditional spectrum trace views along with more graphical waterfall views. It also includes all required software to run the Signal Generator and work as a Scalar Network Analyzer.
- [**Touchstone Standard - free**](http://rfexplorer.com/touchstone)
- [**Touchstone-Pro - $49 USD**](http://rfexplorer.com/touchstone)
- Touchstone software, from [Nuts About Nets](http://rfexplorer.com/), turns data collected from RF Explorer spectrum analyzers into highly graphical charts and displays, enabling users to more readily visualize the RF environment, monitor RF signals, troubleshoot RF issues, and detect sources of RF interference.
MacOS Software Options for RF Explorer
- [**iRF Explorer for MacOS X - free**](https://itunes.apple.com/app/irfexplorer/id474348349?mt=12)
- Available in the Mac Store, it offers basic and easy to use standard spectrum analyzer functionality for Mac. Mac OS X 10.7 and later, make sure you install the Silicon Labs driver as per installation instructions.
- [**Vantage - $99 USD**](http://www.rfvenue.com/vantage)
- Robust and easy to use standard spectrum analyzer functionality for Mac, all RF Explorer models supported. Includes file export for major 3rd party coordination software tools. Future advanced features in the roadmap.
Android Software Options for RF Explorer
- [**RFTrack for Android - free**](http://wireless.ictp.it/tvws/)
- Available for Android OTG phones and tablets, it combines GPS location from Android and RF activity from RF Explorer to create a worldwide TVWS database.
- [**Touchstone Mobile - $49 USD**](http://rfexplorer.com/touchstone-mobile)
- Available for Android OTG phones and tablets, it turns data collected from RF Explorer spectrum analyzers into highly graphical charts and displays, enabling users to more readily visualize the RF environment, monitor RF signals, troubleshoot RF issues, and detect sources of RF interference.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.