DSO Quad:Beta HW
This Informations are from beginning 2011. They are not applicable for the retail version (HW 2.6)
Note to beta testers
You can find the product page for the beta device here: TES101D2P
- This is a pre-order of about 300 pcs pioneering run. Estimated shipping time is early March, but please be ware of possible delay due to Chinese Spring festival.
- This batch is for beta test, we will carefully exam every unit but hardware design or manufacture defects might exist. Please use with caution and experiment only.
Thank you so much for the support, we love to hear your opinions! Feel free to post your hints on this page.
Please don’t purchase other products besides DSO Quad, we will NOT ship the rest in-stock items until DSO Quad is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions
If this is a beta run, will the device be firmware upgradable (via USB) when and if bugs are found?
- Sure, just copy the firmware onto internal USB disk, press “>” while booting up to upgrade.
If hardware bugs are found, how is that handled? Return beta product for a production one?
- We will test and ensure major functions of each unit. You may send us back for a production one, but need to cover the freight and price difference. Please understand the risk of beta test.
There are two statements in regards to Beta shipping, one in March and the other Jan 20th. Which one is correct?
- Due to component shortage and bug observed, we need to have another revision for beta batch. They will be shipped late Feb or early March.
Even if this is a beta, you are selling 300 copies so you should put some time in the documentation, and at least sell a working product (YOU DON’T THINK it is enough reliable to put at least a 3 month to 1 year warranty???) I’m not going to buy something you don’t even trust!
- Sorry for not mentioning, warranty info is here http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/page.html?id=20. Documentations are under preparation, some video and demonstration will be posted soon. Thanks!
What flash storage is there and is it possible to have it larger (by Seeed or change yourself), preferably with firmware autodetection? It seems quite limiting for saving screens or apps when there is no SD card support.
What are the user applications?
- [No official answer] As far as I know, there will be the possibility to boot up different applications that you can store on the U-Disk. I’ll add a section to this page collecting ideas for user applications.
What is the battery life?
- 8 hours continuous working on 60% LCD brightness. Auto display off on 5 minutes, adjustable in later firmwares.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.