4WD Driver Platform V1.0
4WD Driver Platform V1.0 (No Intel Edison chip included) is a motor driver board which support 4-wheel driving with bidirectional and full control to each motor. The most important features of this drive board is it expandability achieved by grove interfaces which can enable your project more versatile. It also get detailed and simple SDK (software development kit) which will make you development process quicker and easier. With Edison installed, you can build a powerful system to satisfy your different needs.
- Support USB to device UART bridge
- Support OTG(On The Go)
- Support SPI program port
- Support Grove Interface: UART port 1, I2C port 3
- Support 4 wheel encoder motor driving with bidirectional(Peak Current: 3A)
- Support overcurrent, over loading and short circuit protection function.
- Detailed and simple SDK
- Designed for Intel Edison platform.
|Idle Current||Less than150mA|
|Driver chip||MC33931(Freescale) * 4, independent|
|Protection||Auto-cutting output for over temperature, low-voltage and short circuit occurrences|
|USB OTG interface||1|
Various kinds of robots
Note that only 3.3 V voltage is valid to apply on ALL motor interfaces and grove modules.
This section only shows you how to build basic development environment.
You can build a development environment for your project with following guides:
Assemble Edison on 4WD Driver board
Material required - 4WD Driver Platform V1.0 *1
Intel Edison *1
2 Micro B to Type A USB cables
Software work *
Rule of thumb: We recommend you only select drivers and flash tool to be installed for the first if you connection speed to Intel server is not fast enough. Downloading other tools separately will be much quicker.
4WD Driver Platform V1.0 is not supported for Windows 10 at the moment.
Check your IDE
1.Open device manager.
2.Find USB serial port. Under Ports(COM & LPT), find USB Serial Port(COMx)(Example: USB Serial Port(COM3))
3.Startup putty to and configure it as follow figure shows(marked with red rectangle)
4.Click Open to enter serial terminal
5.Press Enter key to input user name and password to login to system in Edison.
- No password exist if it is the first time you use you Edison chip.
- You can flash the latest firmware image to Edison with Intel Flash Tool.
6.Now your IDE is well installed.
- This section will show you a demo which implemented some simple functions.
- make sure you have built a development environment successful by former sections and we assume you have got basic knowledge for Arduino platform.
You can refer to Edison 4WD Auto Robotic Platform 2.0 for a practical application with 4WD Driver Platform V1.0.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.