GPS Bee kit
To make the GPS module be easily compatible with the existent shield , we use the same pin packaging as XBee wireless module.So you can put the GPS module into the existent shield which compatible with XBee. Also you can use the UartSBee V4 to connect the GPS module to USB port, run a software named u-center to analyze the GPS data and to reset the GPS module parameter. Put the GPS Bee on the UartSBee V4 , and connect the UartSBee V4 to the PC , open the u-center.exe , choose the UartSB port , then you can see the data that GPS module send back , and the software analyze them and show you the specific information ,like : time , speed , latitude and longitude, ASL and so on.
Kit is come with Mini Embedded Antenna U.FL for GPS，you can also purchase another Antenna with lager size Embedded Antenna U.FL for GPS. Compatible with all shields, breakout, boards with Xbee standard sockets.
4 pin 2.54mm to 2.0mm Female jumper wire is also available for easy adaption!
- 50-channel u-blox 5 engine with over 1 million effective correlators
- <1 second Time To First Fix for Hot and Aided Starts
- -160dBm SuperSense® acquisition and tracking sensitivity
- Accelerated startup at weak signals for modules with KickStart feature
- Supports AssistNow Online and AssistNow Offline A-GPS services; OMA SUPL compliant
- High immunity to jamming
- 4 Hz position update rate
- Miniature 2.0mm pitch header, compatible with Xbee sockets
- UART, USB, DDC and SPI interfaces
- RoHS compliant
- Any position system
|Peak Supply Current (Vcc=3.6V)||150||mA|
|Sustained Supply Current (Vcc=3.0V)|
Pin definition and Rating
|1||Vcc||Power suppl, 2.7-3.6VDC|
|2||TX||Serial Port 1|
|3||RX||Serial Port 2|
|15||TP||Configurable Pulse output (default 1Hz, max 4Hz)|
|19||SCL||I2C clock pin (configuration only)|
|20||SDA||I2C data pin (configuration only)|
1.General purpose GPS shield Benefiting from XBee compatible pinout and voltage, GPS Bee could re-use any Xbee socket, from Xbee shield to Xbee explore. For example, you may just mount the Xbee module to Arduino projects by a Xbee shield.
|**Bluetooth GPS module** Work with UartSB as a USB port GPS module. You may use powerful Ucenter to get practical details easily. Or, add a Bluetooth module to get a Bluetooth GPS module for your projects.||!(https://github.com/SeeedDocument/GPS_Bee_kit/raw/master/img/GPSBee-exam-2.jpg)|
Click here to see the legible and complete image.
SIM28 module Note:
GPS Bee has change the module as SIM28 which the same footprint as origin version.
You should use “SIMCom GPS DEMO” tools to receive SIM28 module data.
Open SIMCom_GPS_DEMO tools, go to Module->properties->module->select SIM28.
- Open SIMCom_GPS_DEMO tools, go to Module->connect. Select the serial port which the GPS module used.
|GPS Bee kit (with Mini Embedded Antenna)||-||Nov 08, 2009|
|v0.91||complement||Mar 15, 2011|
|v1.2||change the GPS module to SIM28||Dec 5,2013|
|v1.3||change the GPS module to SIM28, change the LED to the bottom side.||Jan 10,2014|
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.