Grove Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo
Grove Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo is a grove port integrated and a feature expansion board for LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo development board. This breakout board will save a lot of work for quicker prototyping, by the simplified wiring procedure, even a beginner who has little electronic knowledge can start a project quickly. It supports serial buses like I2C, UART and provides access to reserved original pins of LinkItTM Smart 7688 Duo.
 LinkItTM Smart 7688 Duo is an open development board based on the OpenWrt Linux distribution, MT7688 and ATmega32u4. The board is designed especially to enable the prototyping of Rich Application IoT devices for Smart-Home.
- Grove interfaced, makes wiring easier.
- More Grove ports, more expandable to rich Grove modules.
More details about Grove modules please refer to Grove System
- IoT/Gateway Device.
- Smart multimedia devices
- Teaching and learning
- Input voltage: 5.0V (With USB Power port)
- Operating voltage: 3.3V
- Debug pins connect with MT7688, other pins connect with ATmega32U4.
!!!Note As you need to plug LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo on this breakout, align the side with USB micro type-B of LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo to the side with silkscreen Host of Grove Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo.
Connect rich Grove interfaced functional modules. With this kind of ports, you never need jumper wire or soldering work, and you can make more powerful applications with those functional modules.
- LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo × 1
- USB cable (type A to micro type-B) × 1
- USB to Serial adapter × 1
- Jumper wires × 3
- Grove - Buzzer × 1
Make some sound with a Grove Buzzer
1.Refer wiki of LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo to connect your LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo to internet.
- You can find Pin 8, Pin 9 and Pin GND close to the port to be connected LinkIt Smart 7688.
- You can plug jumper wires into MT7688 UART2 port instead of soldering them to Pin 8, Pin 9 and Pin GND.
2.Open a console after connecting an USB to Serial adapter to LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo.
3.Connect all parts as shown below:
Plug Grove - Buzzer into port D4.
4.Refer to wiki of LinkIt Smart 7688 Duoto build the Arduino environment for LinkIt Smart 7688 Duo platform on host computer.
!!!!Note Following steps are carried out on embedded OS(OpenWRT).
6.Type pip install pyfirmata into console and press Enter to install python library pyfirmata.
7.Create a file named buzzer.py with typing vi buzzer.py in console, copy the code below into it.
from pyfirmata import Arduino, util from time import sleep board = Arduino('/dev/ttyS0') print "Start blinking D4" while True: board.digital.write(1) sleep(0.5) board.digital.write(0) sleep(0.5)
8.Save buzzer.py and type python buzzer.py to run the example code.
9.Now you will hear the buzzing.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.