Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688
Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688 is a Grove port integrated expansion board for LinkItTM Smart 7688 development board. This breakout board will save a lot of work and makes prototyping easier through simplified wiring. It will assist a beginner to get started fast. It supports serial buses like I2C, UART. It comes with USB, Ethernet and 3.5mm Audio ports.
Grove interface makes wiring easier and allows expansions with Grove modules.
Smart multimedia devices
Teaching and learning
|Input voltage||5.0V(With USB Power port)|
|Debug pins, Ethernet pins and USB type-A host pins conect with MT7688, Ohter pins connect with ATmega32U4.|
- **Grove interface**
- Connect rich [Grove](/Grove_System) interfaced functional modules. With this kind of ports, you never need jumper wire or soldering work, and you can make more powerful applications with those functional modules.
- **Note** that we will add the function of audio recording for this board in next version of this product.
- This section will show those senior customers how to add recording funtion to this board.
- 1.Download the schematic file at bottom of this page. Open the file named **Breakout for LinkIt Smart7688 v1.0 brd.pdf**, and find the section **MIC Input**. Remove following components inductor L6 and capacitor C21. This will added recording function to this board. **Note** this way only works as you use LinkIt Smart 7688 firmware version 0.9.3 and above. !(https://github.com/SeeedDocument/Breakout_for_LinkIt_Smart_7688/raw/master/img/To_use_recording_function_on_version_1.0.png)
- 2.For beginner, we recommend that you buy Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688 v2.0 at [bazaar](http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Breakout-for-LinkIt-Smart-7688-v20-p-2641.html?cPath=122_142).
|Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688||1PCS|
LinkIt Smart 7688 × 1
USB cable(type A to micro type-B) × 2
USB to Serial adapter × 1
Jumper wires × 3
Stereo(with 3.5 mm audio cable) × 1
USB flash driver(with audio file of MP3 format inside) × 1
- 1. Refer [here](/LinkIt_Smart_7688#Getting_Started) to connect your LinkIt Smart 7688 to internet.
You can plug jumper wires to MT7688 UART2 port instead soldering them to Pin 8, Pin 9 and Pin GND. In rare cases, you might not connect to internet successfully, reboot the embedded OS.
- 2. Open a console with USB to Serial adapter.
- 3. Connect all parts like follows:
- 4. Enter folder of USB by type **cd /Media/USB-A1** in console.
- 5. Play music with utility **Madplay**(installed on OpenWRT) by typing **madplay filename.mp3** into console.
- 6. Now you will hear the music.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.