Grove - MP3 v2.0
Grove - MP3 v2.0 is a tiny-sized and compact audio module. It supports various audio file operations for an audio file of MP3, WAV and WMV format, such as random music playing, play music in specific files, and so on. With serial communication, you can use all predefined command or command combinations to do all operations on music files. This module also supports general file systems such as FAT16 and FAT32. It gets a Grove UART interface, a 3.5 mm audio jack and a micro-SD slot. With this module, you can add some noise to your silent applications.
|Product revision||Release date||Support status|
|Version 1.0||April 28 2013||Supported|
|Version 2.0||Dec 15 2015||Supported|
- General operations on audio files
- On-board micro-SD slot and 3.5 mm audio jack
- Support sample rate of 8 / 11.025 / 12 / 16 / 22.05 / 24 / 32 / 44.1 / 48(KHz)
- 24-bit DAC output, 90 dB (at Max.) dynamic output range, signal-noise ratio at 85 dB
- MP3, WMV and WAV audio format and FAT16, FAT32 files system supported
- Embed 10 levels of equalization in total
More details about Grove modules please refer to Grove System
- Middle-level audio module for any applications.
|Input||5 V (DC)|
|Operating current (no signal output state)||less than 15 mA|
|Operating current||less than 40 mA|
|Chip LDO output voltage||3.3 V|
|Chip output current||100mA(at Max.)|
|File formats supported||MP3, WAV, WMA|
|Maximum memory supported for SD card||32 GB|
|Sampling rate||8 / 11.025 / 12 / 16 / 22.05 / 24 / 32 / 44.1 / 48(KHz)|
|Grove - MP3 v2.0||1PC|
|Grove - Universal Cable||1PC|
- Seeeduino × 1
- Grove - Base Shield v2 × 1
- Grove - MP3 v2.0 × 1
- SD card with music inside × 1
- USB cable (type A to micro type-B) × 1
- Headset, earphone or stereo with 3.5 mm audio jack × 1
Refer to following guides to building an appropriate IDE:.
NoteWe have chosen Seeeduino and it is compatible with Arduino in this case. So you can also use Arduino board instead.
A example to run
1.Github address which also contain sufficient API to download codes.
2.Refer to here to learn how to do some preliminary work before running code.
3.Load file MP3_Play_Test.ino into Arduino and upload to the main controller board.
4.Open Serial Monitor (Ctrl + Shift + M) to send a command to play music.
NoteWe need to choose No line ending beside baud rate droplist at bottom-right of Serial Monitor window.
5.In this case, we type 1 which is a command to play music. You can find more command comments in demo source code.
6.Now enjoy the music.
For advanced programming, you can download datasheet of chip KT403A.
|Arduino||Wio||BeagleBone||Raspberry Pi||LinkIt ONE|
The platforms mentioned above as supported is/are an indication of the module's hardware or theoritical compatibility. We only provide software library or code examples for Arduino platform in most cases. It is not possible to provide software library / demo code for all possible MCU platforms. Hence, users have to write their own software library.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.