Grove - LED Matrix Driver v1.0
Grove - LED Matrix Driver v1.0 is UART (Serial) to dot matrix LED driver that incorporates various graphics functions.It can only support 32×64 LED matrix. This product is a Grove compatible UART interface. It provides easy and rich APIs that abstract the complexity of the underlying LED driving hardware. All you need to is just call these APIs in code to implement different functionalities for your project.
Each dot(i.e pixel) support dual color LEDs. It can produce three colors totally: red (primary color), green(primary color) and yellow (mixed color). The input current for all LEDs can be set at a time.
NoteThis Grove module does not support changing the input current of each LED separately.
- Grove compatible and easy to use
- Highly abstracted and complete API
- Support dual-color LED-pixel. Three colors totally (the third color is a mix of two primary color)
- Interface: UART(SoftSerial in Arduino)
More details about Grove modules please refer to Grove System
|Operating voltage(V)||3.3–5 Volts|
|Operating current(mA)||Maximum: 28–50 mA|
|Output voltage (from matrix driver)||3.3 Volts|
|Symbols/Graphics functions supported||Dot, straight line, circle, char, string, number, emoji, image (you can display these symbols by calling API directly in code)|
|Supported LED matrix size||32(row)×64(column)|
|Supported color in each LED matrix dot||Dual LEDs (green and red) and a mixed color(yellow), and you can use only one LED in each LED matrix dot|
|Connector for LED matrix||DBSTAR_HUB 08A|
|Protocol for Grove port||UART|
|Working temperature||-40–80 ℃|
|Weight||9 g(for the module), 12.5(for all single package)|
- Grove socket, to connect this product to main control board.
- LED matrix port(DBSTAR_HUB 08A ), to connect LED matrix. If you can not find a connector like this, you can user jumper wires as an alternative.
Package includes(main parts)
|Grove - LED Matrix Driver v1.0||1 piece|
|Grove cable||1 piece|
Now let us run some basic examples with this module.
- Grove - LED Matrix Driver v1.0 × 1
- 32×64 LED matrix with one red and one green LEDs in matrix dots (single color LED matrix will also be fine) × 1
- Power line (ribbon shape) for × 1
- 5 Volts(output) Adapter to regulate input voltage for LED matrix × 1
- 8-pin(female) ribbon cable × 1
- Arduino UNO (other Arduino models will also be fine) × 1
- Grove cable × 1
- Grove - Base Shield × 1
Connect all parts as following:
You can find more demo sketch at https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/Grove_LED_Matrix_Driver and development library at https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/Grove_LED_Matrix_Driver/tree/master/Arduino/LEDMatrix
A typical demo code. You can upload code to main control board with Codebender.
Download and upload the code. If you do not know how to upload an Arduino sketch, please visit https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows for Windows user or https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/MacOSX for Mac user. You can see the result as below.
|Arduino||Wio||BeagleBone||Raspberry Pi||LinkIt ONE|
The platforms mentioned above as supported is/are an indication of the module's hardware or theoritical compatibility. We only provide software library or code examples for Arduino platform in most cases. It is not possible to provide software library / demo code for all possible MCU platforms. Hence, users have to write their own software library.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.