Grove - Mini Track Ball
Grove - Mini Track ball will give an easy access to prototyping a practical motion-tracking function module for your applications. It has implanted 360° detection and click detection with high accuracy and quick response. With chips STM32F103C8T6 and AN48841B inside, you can turn plenty of your ideas into tangible things. It is also standardized with Grove interface which will save you a lot of work in the prototyping process.
- 360° and quick detection.
- Translucent click Button.
- Standardized with Grove interface.
- Powerful MCU for you to enrich your applications.
More details about Grove modules please refer to Grove System
- Tracking module for a gamepad.
- Tracking module for a haptic controller.
- Tracking module for toys.
|Operating voltage||3.3V~5.5V (typical at 5V)|
|Operating current||28 mA (maximum operating current: 40 mA)|
|Operating temperature range||-25 ~ 75 ℃|
|MCU frequency||64 MHz|
|Hall effect filed strength range||(0.5) ~ (8) mT|
Connect main control board such as Seeeduino board with Grove - Mini Track Ball.
Interface to control motions.
|Grove - Mini Track Ball||1PC|
Seeeduino x 1
Grove - Wire x 1
TipYou can use Grove - Base Shield v2 to make connection work easy.
Refer to the following guides to build an appropriate IDE:
NoteWe have used Seeeduino in this case.
Download sample code
1.You can download the sample code.
2.Decompress the downloaded ZIP file.
3.Open the file Grove_-_Mini_Track_ball_test.ino
4.Flash (or upload) your code into Seeeduino board. if uploading process is done, to open Serial Monitor window, Click Serial Monitor under menu Tool.
NoteMake sure you have selected the right Board and Port under the Tool menu.
5.LED indicator under tracking ball will light on in different mode which will last around 50 seconds
6.After that you can rotate or “click” the track ball to get information of its trace.
- Schematic in Eagle
- Schematic in PDF format
- STM32F103C8T6 Datasheet
- AN48841B Datasheet
- Library file in Github
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.