Grove - High Temperature Sensor
Thermocouples are very sensitive devices. It requires a good amplifier with cold-junction compensation. The Grove - High Temperatire Sensor uses a K-Type themocouple and a thermocouple amplifier that measures ambient temperature using thermistor for cold-junction compensation. The detectable range of this Sensor is -50-600°C , and the accuracy is ±(2.0% + 2°C)
- Voltage：3.3 ~ 5V
- Max power rating at 25℃ ：300mW
- Operating temperature range：-40 ~ +125 ℃
- The temperature measurement range is (-50 ~ +600℃)
- Amplifier output voltage range (0 ~ 3.3 V) mv
- Cold junction compensation (environment temperature measurement)
- Thermocouple temperature measurement accuracy of + / - 2.0% (+ 2 ℃)
Here is an example to show you how to read temperature information from the sensor.
We need a Seeeduino V3.0 and a Grove - High Temperature Sensor.
A4 and A5 are the I2C lines of Seeduino. Plug the sensor to the I2C port of Seeeduino to read data.
Download Code and Upload
You can download the library from here
Then extract the library to the Library folder of Arduino, open the demo in examples folder.
Then upload it to your Seeeduino.
Open Serial Monitor and Get Data
Then, open your Serial Monitor, you can find the temperature in Celsius here.
K type thermocouple indexing table
As a reference, the following is K type thermocouple indexing table.
- Grove - High Temperature Sensor PDF
- Grove - High Temperature Sensor Eagle File
- High Temperature Sensor Library
- Datasheet OPA333 PDF
- Datasheet LMV358 PDF
|Arduino||Wio||BeagleBone||Raspberry Pi||LinkIt ONE|
The platforms mentioned above as supported is/are an indication of the module's hardware or theoritical compatibility. We only provide software library or code examples for Arduino platform in most cases. It is not possible to provide software library / demo code for all possible MCU platforms. Hence, users have to write their own software library.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.