Raspberry Pi RS232 Board v1.0
Raspberry Pi RS232 Board v1.0 is a standard communication port for industry equipment.This module is base on MAX3232,which is a dual driver/receiver that includes a capacitive voltage generator to supply TIA/EIA-232-F voltage levels from a single 5-V supply. The shield integrates DB9 connectors (female) that provide connection to various devices with RS232 interface. Also the RS232 headers will facilitate your connections and commissioning. It provides the welding areas to make full use of extra space on it, which is highly convenient for prototyping.
- Low Supply Current:300μA
- Guaranteed Data Rate:120kbps
- Meets EIA/TIA-232 Specifications Down to 3.0V
- Pin Compatible with Industry-Standard MAX232
- Guaranteed Slew Rate:6V/μs
- LED Indicator
- DB9 Connectors(female)
|Input Voltage Range||-25||/||25||V|
|Input Threshold Low(VCC=3.3V/5.0V)||0.6 / 0.8||1.2 / 1.5||/||V|
|Input Threshold High (VCC=3.3V/5.0V)||/||1.5 / 1.8||2.4 / 2.4||V|
|Maximum Data Rate||120||235||kHz|
|Dimension||91.20 * 56.15*32||mm|
UART Pin must be pup joint if you want to connect to raspberry pi.
Using serial COM ports to Configure system on Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi&USB to serial COM Port line.
Connect as in the following picture:
Fine out which com it is using on you PC’s device management.
Run a serial port assistant, and set it as shown:
COM must be set as what you fine on you PC’s device management.Then power on your raspberry pi. You can see the serial port assistant as shown below.
Have communication with Raspberry Pi successfully.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.