Guide to use demos downloaded from Seeed's Github
It is necessary to use demos from Seeeduino Github frequently and there some slight difficult for a novice to run the demo well. So we want to show you a scheduled procedure to run the demos quickly.
You can download sample code and library or header files on Seeed’s Github sites.
Click a button named “Download Zip” at Github.
Decompress the downloaded ZIP file.
Remove the “-master” twice in decompressed file name.
Copy the folder decompressed file xxx into your library folder (In default, it is same with Sketchbook Location which can be found by clicking File > Preference).
Under Windows, it will likely be called “My Documents\Arduino\libraries”. For Mac users, it will likely be called “Documents/Arduino/libraries”. On Linux, it will be the “libraries” folder in your sketchbook.
Add ZIP library by the downloaded ZIP file(with “-master” removed first).
- Open .ino file in the sub directory example
- Compile or Upload demos into your main controller board.
Tips: Always add compress a library file(header file in majority circumstances) with zip format if Arduino prompt that it can not find a foo.h file.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.