Grove - Gas Sensor
The Grove - Gas Sensor module is useful for gas leakage detecting(in home and industry). It can detect LPG, i-butane, methane, alcohol, Hydrogen, smoke and so on. Measurements can be taken as soon as possible based on its fast response time. Also the sensitivity can be adjusted by the potentiometer.
Each Grove - Gas Sensor Kit consists of one gas sensor base and four detectors. You can switch the detector on the base according to specific target gases.
- Grove - Gas Sensor(MQ2)：Combustible Gas, Smoke
- Grove - Gas Sensor(MQ3)：Alcohol Vapor
- Grove - Gas Sensor(MQ5)：LPG, Natural Gas, Town Gas
- Grove - Gas Sensor(MQ9)：Carbon Monoxide, Coal Gas, Liquefied Gas
- Working Voltage: 4.9-5.1V
- Heating consumption: 0.5-800mW
- Load resistance: can adjust
- Heater resistance: 33Ω
- Sensing Resistance: 3-30kΩ
- Working Temperature: -25~70 ℃
More details about Grove modules please refer to Grove System
Connect the module with Grove Shield using A0 like following picture and use the program below to gain the voltage. The higher the concentration of the gas is, the bigger the output voltage of the SIG pin gets. Sensitivity can be regulated by rotating the potentiometer. Please note that the best preheat time of the sensor is about 24 hours. For the detailed information about the sensor, please refer to the datasheet.
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.