W5500 Ethernet Shield v1.0
The W5500 Ethernet Shield v1.0 can be used to provide your projects with internet connectivity. W5500 enables users to have the Internet connectivity in their applications just by using the single chip in which TCP/IP stack, 10 / 100 Ethernet MAC and PHY embedded. The shield also has two Grove connectors and a microSD card socket to support projects which require storing large amounts of data from Grove sensor. The RJ45 port (where the Ethernet cable is connected to) is low enough to allow you to stack more shields on top of this one if needed.
- Supports Hardwired TCP/IP Protocols : TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4, ARP, IGMP, PPPoE
- Supports 8 independent sockets simultaneously
- Supports Power down mode
- Supports Wake on LAN over UDP
- Supports High Speed Serial Peripheral Interface(SPI MODE 0, 3)
- Internal 32Kbytes Memory for TX/RX Buffers
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet PHY embedded
- Supports Auto Negotiation (Full and half duplex, 10 and 100* based )
- Not supports IP Fragmentation
- 3.3V operation with 5V I/O signal tolerance
- LED outputs (Full/Half duplex, Link, Speed, Active)
- Micro-SD card socket
- Grove connector for I2C and UART
We have produced a lot of extension board that can make your platform board more powerful, however not every extension board is compatible with all the platform board, here we use a table to illustrate how are those boards compatible with platform board.
Please note that “Not recommended” means that it might have chance to work with the platform board however requires extra work such as jump wires or rewriting the code. If you are interested in digging more, welcome to contact with email@example.com.
①：RJ45： Ethernet Port;
②：IC W5500： a hardwired TCP/IP Ethernet Controller;
③：Reset Button： Reset Ethernet shield ;
④：SD Card Socket： support Micro SD card in FAT16 or FAT32; maximum storage is 2GB.
Pins usage on Arduino
D4： SD card chip select
D10： W5200 Chip Select
D11： SPI MOSI
D12： SPI MISO
D13： SPI SCK
NoteBoth W5500 and SD card communicate with Arduino via SPI bus. Pin 10 and pin 4 are chip select pins for W5500 and SD slot. They cannot be used as general I/O.
We will show a example.This example can upload your sensor data to Xively and store it up to SD Card.
- W5500 Ethernet Shield
- Grove - Temperature
- Micro SD Card
Mount W5500 Ethernet Shield v1.0 to your Arduino and connect Grove - Temperature to I2C Grove port.
Connect the shield to network with a standard Ethernet cable;
Connect Arduino to PC via USB cable;
If you haven’t an account,you should Register an account in xively and login.
Now,we can click Develop to add a device.
Download the library：W5500 Ethernet Shield v1.0 Library.
Unzip and put it in the libraries file of Arduino IDE by the path: ..\arduino-1.0.1\libraries.
Restart the Arduino IDE.
Open the example “Ethernet_Temp_SD” via the path: File –> Examples –> Ethernet –> Ethernet_Temp_SD. you need to modify some parameters.
Upload the program to Arduino.
Now, we will show result.
Put your SD card into the computer,you will see some temperature information.
Open Serial Monitor,you will see some temperature information.
What’s more, we can see information from web.
Isn’t it very easy? You can begin your project.
- W5500 Ethernet Shield Library
- W5500 Ethernet Shield eagle files
- W5500 Ethernet Shield Datasheet.pdf
- W5500 Ethernet Shield Schematic.pdf
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.