How to edit a document
This tutorial will show you how to edit a document of our wiki system. We would like to thank you in advance if you have any idea and willing to update the document as a contributor. In this tutorial, you are going to visit the github repository of our wiki system, in which there are hundreds of documents which were writen in markdown format and the number is increasing as we are still in the process of document migration.
This time we would like to take CAN-Bus shield for example to show you how to modify a document.
Firstly, a github account is needed, if it is your first time to use github, please go to github.com to register.
If you already have a github account, click the url: http://wiki.seeed.cc/CAN-BUS_Shield_V1.2/ to visit the wiki page for CAN-Bus Shield.
- Step1: Click the the github icon on the right up corner, it will lead you to the github repository main page of the whole documentation system.
- Step2: Click “Docs”, you will see a list of all the document.
- Step3: Use CTRL+F to find “CAN-BUS Shield”, click to open it.
- Step4: Click the up right pencil icon so that you can edit the document.
- Step5: After finishing editting the document, please tell us what you have amended. Then click the icon “Propose file change”
Then, github will fork the whole repository to your personal account, please click the icon “Create pull request”
- Step6: You need to re-input what you have amended, don’t worry, you will complete soon.
- Step7: Click the icon “Create pull request”. Then we will receive the amendment application. We will review your amendment as soon as we can, once the review is done, you will find the update in the page of CAN-BUS shield.
If this is too complicated to you, you are also welcome to fill in the survey at the end of the document or write to us at Jeremy.email@example.com or Loovee@seeed.cc. We are looking forward to your message! Happy hacking!
Help us make it better
Thank you for choosing Seeed. A couple of months ago we initiated a project to improve our documentation system. What you are looking at now is the first edition of the new documentation system. Comparing to the old one, here is the progresses that we made:
- Replaced the old documentation system with a new one that was developed from Mkdocs, a more widely used and cooler tool to develop documentation system.
- Integrated the documentation system with our official website, now you can go to Bazaar and other section like Forum and Community more conveniently.
- Reviewed and rewrote documents for hundreds of products for the system’s first edition, and will continue migrate documents from old wiki to the new one.
An easy-to-use instruction is as important as the product itself. We are expecting this new system will improve your experience when using Seeed’s products. However since this is the first edition, there are still many things need to improve, if you have any suggestions or findings, you are most welcome to submit the amended version as our contributor or give us suggestions in the survey below, Please don’t forget to leave your email address so that we can reply.